In this issue…
- Twitter Chat: Join us Tuesday, June 25th at 12pm & 8pm (CT) | “It takes a village: barriers, challenges, and successes in interprofessional care to address social determinants of health”
- GIS Survey: Are you familiar with GIS tools to address the social determinants of health? We want to hear from you!
- NCEAS Webinar: Watch the recording online
- Resource of the Month: Pediatrics Screening Time: Tuning in to the Needs of Families
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) is a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow our twitter page @NU_NCEAS
- Use the hashtag #NCEASChat to participate in the conversation
The NCEAS is conducting a survey on how educators utilize geospatial data or tools to train their learners about the social determinants of health. Please complete this brief survey, whether or not you have experience using GIS tools. Click the link below to read the consent form and begin the survey.
Did you miss our recent webinar? The recording is now available online!
“Transitional Care, from Crisis to Opportunity. A patient centered approach to identify, include, and address psyosocial issues and medical needs in clinical practice”
In this webinar, Dr. Schaeffer and Megan McVane discuss Northwestern Medicine’s Transitional Care and explain how the program has operationalized and grown since its creation 6 years ago. They highlight how the Transitional Care team identifies social determinants of health, and how this information is used to create a successful care plan which addresses modifiable social determinants of health and acute/chronic medical needs, benefiting both patients and NM staff. Lastly Dr. Schaeffer and Megan provide a case review to demonstrate the success of this program.
Pediatrics Screening Time:Tuning In to the Needs of Families
This resource offers a video-based training module, conversation simulations, a screening tool selector, and a resource center to help pediatric professionals learn more about the screening process for social determinants of health.
- Implementing an EHR-based Screening and Referral System to Address Social Determinants of Health in Primary Care | Read more here
- Provider and Staff Feedback on Screening for Social and Behavioral Determinants of Health for Pediatric Patients Read more here
- Necessary But Not Sufficient: Why health Care Alone Cannot Improve Population Health and Reduce Health Inequities. Read more here
- June 25, 2019
Conference | Innovations in social determinants of health | Chicago, IL | Details
- June 27, 2019 at 12:30pm CDT
Webinar | Topic: How to Leverage Community Investment to Achieve Health Equity | Hosted by The Root Cause Coalition | Details
- July 12, 2019
Conference | Navigating LGBTQ Adolescent Health for the Healthcare Provider | Buffalo, NY | Details