Mental Health Research Round Up
The NCEAS Research and Resource Roundup presents our latest issue spotlighting Mental Health issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Mental health issues often do not get the attention they should; our goal is to share a sampling of the latest published research and resources to facilitate teaching, learning, research, advocacy and action to address the critically important mental health issues during the pandemic and beyond. Please note, as with the last issue, this research and resource roundup does not encompass everything that is published.
—Clare Petrie, Editor and Memoona Hasnain, MD MHPE PhD, Editor
Below you will find the list of journal publications. Click here to view each resource in detail.
- Abbasi J. Prioritizing Physician Mental Health as COVID-19 Marches On. JAMA. 2020. 323(22):2235-2236.
- Alradhawi M, Shubber N, Sheppard J, Ali Y. Effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on mental well-being amongst individuals in society- A letter to the editor on “The socio-economic implications of the coronavirus and COVID-19 pandemic: A review” International Journal of Surgery. 78:147-148
- Pfefferbaum B, North C. Mental Health and the Covid-19 Pandemic. The New England Journal of Medicine. 2020; 383:510-512. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMp2008017.
- Amsalem D, Dixon L, Neria Y. The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Outbreak and Mental Health. JAMA Psychiatry. Published online June 24, 2020.
- Banducci A, Weiss N. Caring for Patients With Posttraumatic Stress and Substance Use Disorders During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy. 2020. 12(S1), S113-S114.
- Bao Y, Robin Williams A, Schackman B. COVID-19 Could Change the Way We Respond to the Opioid Crisis—for the Better. Psychiatric Services. 2020. 12 Aug 2020.
- Barnett B, Esper F, Foster C. Keeping the wolf at bay: Infection prevention and control measures for inpatient psychiatric facilities in the time of COVID-19. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2020 September-October; 66: 51–53. Published online 2020 Jul 12.
- Benhamou K, Piedra A. CBT-Informed Interventions for Essential Workers During the COVID-19 Pandemic. J Contemp Psychother. 2020 Jul 18 : 1–9.
- Bertuccio, R. F., & Runion, M. C. (2020). Considering grief in mental health outcomes of COVID-19. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 12(S1), S87-S89.
- Blanco C, Wall M, Olfson M. Psychological Aspects of the COVID-19 Pandemic. J Gen Intern Med. 2020 Sep; 35(9): 2757–2759. Published online 2020 Jun 15.
- Bryan C, Bryan A, Baker J. Associations among state‐level physical distancing measures and suicidal thoughts and behaviors among U.S. adults during the early COVID‐19 pandemic. The American Association of Suicidology. 26 June 2020
- Bryant D, Oo M, Damian AJ. The Rise of Adverse Childhood Experiences During the COVID-19 Pandemic Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 12(S1), S193-S194.
- Endale T., St. Jean N., & Birman D. (2020). COVID-19 and refugee and immigrant youth: A community-based mental health perspective. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 12(S1), S225-S227.
- Estes K. D., & Thompson R. R. (2020). Preparing for the aftermath of COVID-19: Shifting risk and downstream health consequences. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 12(S1), S31-S32.
- Flentje A., Obedin-Maliver J., Lubensky M.E. et al. Depression and Anxiety Changes Among Sexual and Gender Minority People Coinciding with Onset of COVID-19 Pandemic. J GEN INTERN MED 35, 2788–2790 (2020).