In this issue…
- Register for the NCEAS 2020 Conference: Join us in Chicago in April for our annual conference! Early bird registration ends February 28th.
- Resource of the Month:A Framework for Educating Health Professionals to Address the Social Determinants of Health
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) is a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at email@example.com.
We are pleased to announce registration is now open for the NCEAS Annual Conference. Join us in Chicago on April 27th-28th!
- Discuss the current landscape of SDOH training in medical education at the UME, GME, and CME levels.
- Compare and contrast different innovations to advance health professions education related to SDOH.
- Evaluate and apply current research, resources, and best practices related to SDOH to clinical care and educational practices.
- Identify collaborative, interprofessional strategies that address health equity.
Social Determinants of Health Guide to Social Needs Screening Tool and Resources
This resource is a document containing an SDOH screening tool created by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) which describes how, who and where the tool can be administered as well as how to interpret results. There is some background information about the tool itself and the validated screening questions of the five-core health-related social need which include housing, food, transportation, utilities, and personal safety, as well as the additional needs of employment, education, child care, and financial strain.
News, Conferences, and Upcoming Events
- Envisioning a Better U.S. Health Care System for All: Reducing Barriers to Care and Addressing Social Determinants of Health Read More Here
- The U.S. Social Determinants of Health Atlas | Read More Here
- Identifying and addressing social determinants of health in outpatient practice: results of a program-wide survey of internal and family medicine residents | Read More Here
- Submission Deadline: February 25, 2020
Submit your proposal for the STFM Practice & Quality Improvment Conference | St. Louis, MO | Details
- March 6, 2020
Conference | Transitional Care Medicine | Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine | Chicago, IL | Details
- March 15-17, 2020
Conference | The RISE National Summit on Social Determinants of Health | Nashville, TN | Details