In this issue…
- Join us for the 2022 NCEAS Annual Conference: Registration closes February 18th
- Resource of the Month: “A Case-Based Critical Care Curriculum for Internal Medicine Residents Addressing Social Determinants of Health”
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) is a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for the 2022 NCEAS Annual Conference on February 28th-March 2nd. Our keynote speakers include Dr. Alicia Fernandez, Dr. Julie Morita, Dr. Mona Khanna and Congresswoman Lauren Underwood. Registration closes February 18th.
A Case-Based Critical Care Curriculum for Internal Medicine Residents Addressing Social Determinants of Health
This curriculum resource, from MedEdPORTAL, provides educators with an extensive and practical curriculum that teaches resident physicians how to approach issues related SDOH in the context of safety net hospitals. Through case-based discussions and multidisciplinary rounds, residents learn how to better identify the SDOH as well as gain critical experience working with a diverse set of health care providers.
News, Conferences, and Upcoming Events
- Vital Voices -Podcast from the Macy Foundation | Listen Here
- Racial disparity in follow-up appointments disappears with telemedicine | Read More Here
- Mass General Sets Sights on Maternal Health Equity with New Partnership | Read More Here
- March 20-22, 2022
Conference | The Rise Summit on Social Determinants of Health | Nashville | Details
- August 11, 2022
Symposium | Social Determinants of Health Symposium | Details
- October 2-4, 2022
Conference | 7th Annual National Summit | Root Cause Coalition | Minneapolis | Details