In this issue…
- Watch our latest webinar: The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity
- Resource of the Month: “Perinatal Depression Curriculum”
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) is a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at email@example.com
The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity
The decade ahead will test the nation‚ nearly 4 million nurses in new and complex ways. Nurses live and work at the intersection of health, education, and communities and in a wide array of settings and practice at a range of professional levels. They are often the most frequent line of contact with people of all backgrounds and experiences seeking care and they represent the largest of the health care professions.
During this webinar we discussed the blueprint for the next decade of nursing as outlined in its new report, The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity.
Perinatal Depression Curriculum
This curriculum aims to teach learners about perinatal depression from knowledge to application and consists of case-based modules for all clinicians/clinical learners to provide culturally sensitive care for patients. The material also includes instruction in identifying and implementing steps to build referral relationships with community resources, and coordinate services and referrals for patients.
News, Conferences, and Upcoming Events
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Milestones: Creation of a Tool to Evaluate Graduate Medical Education Programs | Read Here
- Working Together for Better Health Care | Read Here
- The US Is Facing a Maternal Health Crisis. Climate Change Is Making It Worse | Read Here
- June 23-24, 2022: Conference | Social Determinants of Health Summit| Root Cause Coalition | Las Vegas | Details
- August 11, 2022: Symposium | Social Determinants of Health Symposium | Details
- October 2-4, 2022: Conference | 7th National Summit on the Social Determinants of Health | Minneapolis | Details