In this issue…
- Don’t Miss Out!: Register for our conference – early bird registration ends December 18th!
- Twitter Chat: Join us on December 17th
- New Blog: Resilience in the Age of Pandemics, Systemic Racism, and Polarizing Politicians
- Resource of the Month: Anti-Racism and Race Literacy: A Primer and Toolkit for Medical Educators
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) is a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t miss out! Early bird pricing ends on Friday, December 18th.
Health Professions Education and Community Engagement
Join us on Thursday, December 17th for a Twitter Chat co-hosted by Beyond Flexner to discuss Health Professions Education and Community Engagement. Follow us on twitter for more information
Resilience in the Age of Pandemics, Systemic Racism, and Polarizing Politicians
In 2020, have you started wondering, “what on earth is going on?”
If you have, then I’m right there with you. However, rather than dividing us further, I’m here to talk about how we can become resilient in the midst of all this.
To be resilient is to adapt positively to significant levels of adversity. I will be the first one to say that there’s already a whole lot of adversity in 2020, but we’re here to go even further back.
Anti-Racism and Race Literacy: A Primer and Toolkit for Medical Educators
This resource provides an overview of Critical Race Theory (CRT), Public Health Critical Race Praxis (PHCRP), and Anti-racism frameworks for medical educators, supplemented with questions for self-reflection and suggested readings.
News, Conferences, and Upcoming Events
- Approaches to addressing social determinants of health in the NICU: a mixed methods study Read More Here
- Social determinants of health resource guide | Read More Here
- Improving Health Equity Through Medical-Legal Partnerships | Read More Here
- October 21, 2020, December 16th, 2020 & February 7, 2021
Webinar | Let’s Discuss Racism in Medicine | Details
- December 8-10, 2020
Virtual Conference | All In National Meeting | Details
- December 8, 2020
Virtual Conference | Social Determinants of Health Symposium | Details