In this issue…
- Read our latest blog: Reflecting on the value of community-medical collaborations
- Resource of the Month: “From Race to Racism: Teaching a tool to critically appraise the use of race in med research”
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) is a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reflecting on the value of community-medical collaborations
As a primary care residency program director, I’ve had the privilege of being able to reflect on all aspects of our curriculum and how they teach about the social and structural determinants of health (SSDOH). Since the uprising for racial justice catalyzed by George Floyd’s murder, I’ve been thinking more deeply about how with do this work in collaboration with the community our residency program serves.
From Race to Racism: Teaching a tool to critically appraise the use of race in med research
This resource from MedEdPortal describes how to implement a new instrument – the Critical Appraisal of Race in Medical Literature (CARMeL) tool designed by the authors for use by undergraduate (UME) and graduate medical education (GME) students and the workshop created to teach learners to use this tool.
News, Conferences, and Upcoming Events
- Mental Health Care Should Be Available for All, Not a Luxury | Read Here
- Neighborhood Key SDOH Drives COVID-19 Racial Health Disparities | Read Here
- Fact Sheet: Top 10 Ways To Improve Health and Health Equity | Read Here
- June 23-24, 2022
Conference | Social Determinants of Health Summit| Root Cause Coalition | Las Vegas | Details
- August 11, 2022
Symposium | Social Determinants of Health Symposium | Details
- October 2-4, 2022
Conference | 7th National Summit on the Social Determinants of Health | Minneapolis | Details