In this issue…
- 2023 NCEAS Annual Conference: Register now!
- Watch our latest webinar: Contextualizing the Social Determinants of Health through Integration of “Lived Experience Panels” into Health Professions Education
- Resource of the Month: “Understanding Health Disparities Through the Eyes of Community Members: a Structural Competency Education Intervention”
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) was originally a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 NCEAS Annual Conference
Watch the latest webinar!
Resource of the Month
Understanding Health Disparities Through the Eyes of Community Members: a Structural Competency Education Intervention
This resource describes an intervention to introduce Psychiatry residents in New Haven, CT to the economically disadvantaged neighborhoods they serve. This intervention is unique in that the authors created a Structural Competency Initiative with an experiential curriculum designed in collaboration with community leaders and individuals with lived experiences with mental illness (peer advocates).
What’s the Latest?
- Racial Disparities Apparent in Benefits to Walkability, Neighborhood SDOH | Read Here
- The importance of screening for social determinants of health | Read Here
- Overcoming 5 Leading Obstacles to Achieving Racial Health Equity| Read Here
- April 2-4, 2023 Conference | The RISE Summit on Social Determinants of Health | Chicago | Details
- May 16-18 2023 Conference | 2023 Accelerating Health Equity Conference | Minneapolis | Details
- December 3-5, 2023 Conference | The Root Cause Coalition Annual National Summit | Kansas City | Details