In this issue…
- EXTENDED: Early bird registration extended until January 9th!
- Faculty Position Open at Quinnipiac University
- New Blog: Time to Restructure Medical Education to Heal the Healers
- Resource of the Month: Stories of Health Disparities
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) is a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at email@example.com
Early Bird Registration Extended Until January 9th!
Assistant Director of Clinical Arts and Sciences at Quinnipiac University
Read more about this open faculty position by clicking the button below to download the faculty posting.
Time to Restructure Medical Education to Heal the Healers
Evidence indicates that health professionals suffer from increasing rates of anxiety, depression, substance abuse, and burnout.1-3 The factors that contribute to these negative outcomes include demanding workloads, stressful environments and relationships, suboptimal work-life balance, and contact with the ill and dying.
Stories of Health Disparities
In this two-week online elective, learners develop awareness, understanding, and empathy for the challenges faced by underserved patient populations and begin to propose strategies to overcome these challenges.
News, Conferences, and Upcoming Events
- Implementing a Targeted Approach to Social Determinants of Health Interventions Read More Here
- Tips to Integrate Social Determinants of Health Data into the EHR | Read More Here
- “All-hands-on-deck approach” needed on social determinants of health | Read More Here
- October 21, 2020, December 16th, 2020 & February 7, 2021
Webinar | Let’s Discuss Racism in Medicine | Details
- Jan 22, 2021 to Sep 10, 2021 Every other Friday
SIREN Coffee & Science Conversation Series | Details
- March 28-30, 2021
Conference | Summit on Social Determinants of Health | Nashville, TN | Details