In this issue…
- SAVE THE DATE: 2024 NCEAS Annual Conference
- Resource of the Month: Words Matter: An Antibias Workshop for Healthcare Professionals to Reduce Stigmatizing Language
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) was originally a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2024 NCEAS Annual Conference
Workshop and Abstract Submissions Opening Soon!
Words Matter: An Antibias Workshop for Healthcare Professionals to Reduce Stigmatizing Language
This anti-bias workshop was developed for a broad spectrum of clinical providers, trainees and staff who have patient contact. Its focus is on making providers/staff aware of and reduce their use of stigmatizing language in verbal and written communication through a 90-minute workshop featuring didactic material and a skit demonstrating the impact of stigmatizing language in a simulated clinical encounter.
News, Conferences, and Upcoming Events
- Neighborhood racial segregation linked to shorter life spans | Read Here
- Justice40: An Opportunity To Build Health Equity | Read Here
- Newly Released: CMS Framework for Health Equity | Read Here
- September 6-8, 2023: Conference | 2023 Health Equity & Inclusion Conference | Virtual | Details
- October 2-5, 2023: Conference | 2023 IAPHS Conference: Gender, Sexuality, and Health across the Life Course
Current Challenges and Opportunities for Population Health and Health Equity | Baltimore, MD | Details
- December 3-5, 2023: Conference | The Root Cause Coalition Annual National Summit | Kansas City | Details