In this issue…
- 2023 NCEAS Annual Conference: Register now for early bird rates!
- 2023 NCEAS Conference Scholarship: Apply here
- Read our latest blog: “Towards a Culture of Healing the Healers”
- Resource of the Month: “Hunger & Poverty in America”
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) was originally a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Register now for Early Bird Rates!
We are excited to announce that we are offering scholarships to community members and medical students to attend the 2023 NCEAS Annual Conference. To apply for a scholarship, click the link below! Applications are due Friday, December 9th.
Towards a Culture of Healing the Healers
“The trouble with not having a safe space within medicine is that for those outside of medicine, our stories are almost too much to bear.”
― Dr. Rana Awdish, In Shock: My Journey from Death to Recovery and the Redemptive Power of Hope
As we adopt a “new normal” of living alongside the COVID-19 pandemic, many of us are attempting to recreate the way of life and sense of self we had pre-pandemic. However, no one is the same anymore. We have all fundamentally changed and been stretched by the collective trauma of the past few years. While this has offered fresh perspectives and a chance to reevaluate priorities, it has also left deep scars that have been left unattended as we push on with our work surviving on the fumes of exhaustion.
Hunger & Poverty in America
This resource provided by the Food Research & Action Center is a website with information and resources about hunger and food insecurity concerns in America. Furthermore, the resource highlights hunger among older adults, immigrants and in rural settings. The website provides quick facts and additional resources regarding hunger in America, recommending solutions to help combat the problem.
News, Conferences, and Upcoming Events
- Racial Disparities in Maternal and Infant Health: Current Status and Efforts to Address Them | Read Here
- Improvisational and Standup Comedy, Graphic Medicine, and Theatre of the Oppressed to Teach Advancing Health Equity | Read Here
- New health equity curriculum for anesthesiology residents offers tools to provide more equitable patient care | Read Here
- December 4-7, 2022
Conference | Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Forum | Orlando or Virtual Option | Details
- January 10-12, 2023
Conference | Diversity, Inclusion, & Health Equity Symposium – East Coast | Hybrid | Details
- May 16-18 2023
Conference | 2023 Accelerating Health Equity Conference | Minneapolis | Details