In this issue…
- Keynote speaker announced for NCEAS 1st Annual Conference
- Submit a poster abstract proposal
- Did you miss our latest webinar? Watch the recording!
- March blog post: Synthesis and Synergy: A Vision for the Future of Medical-Legal Partnerships
- Resource of the month, “Addressing Social Determinants of Health (SDOH): Beyond the Clinic Walls”
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) is a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the conference, visit sdoheducation.org
Registration for the NCEAS 1st Annual Conference is now full, but there’s still time to submit a poster abstract! Abstracts are due March 31st, 2019 at 11:59pm CT
Presenters for accepted poster proposals will be able to register for the conference.
In this webinar, the presenters discuss their journey towards diversifying standardized patient (SP) pools at Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine to reflect the patient population that learners engage with in the Chicago area. They focus on the use of transgender SPs within the curriculum as an example of diversification – specifically discussing the roles and cases the transgender actors play, and how they contribute to the communication skills of learners.
by Dr. Erin Paquette, MD, JD
Whatever the power—even the necessity—of the disciplines. . . in the end, questions never stop at the boundaries of a discipline. Efforts to develop decisive and personal ideas of the true, the beautiful, and the good necessarily take us beyond specific disciplines and invite synthesis…
News, Conferences, and Upcoming Events
- Adoption of Social Determinants of Health EHR Tools by Community Health Centers | Annals of Family Medicine | Read more here
- Check out this technical assistance guide on using Twitter as a dissemination tool for Academic Medicine | Developed by the National Center for Integrated Behavioral Health
- Expert Consensus on Inclusion of the Social Determinants of Health in Undergraduate Medical Education Curricula | Academic Medicine | Read more here
- April 4, 2019
Behavioral Healthcare 2019 Conference: Addressing Social Determinants of Health in Illinois | Springfield, IL | Details
- May 7, 2019
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health 1st Annual Conference | Chicago, IL | Details
- June 1st, 2019
ANEW Way Forward: Innovations in Interprofessional Training Using Integrated Behavioral Models in Primary Care | Philadelphia, PA | Details