In this issue…
- Upstream Lab Podcast: Social Determinants of Health: Experiences of educators in Canada, USA, and Scotland
- Resource of the Month: A Human Trafficking Educational Program and Point-of-Care Reference Tool for Pediatric Residents.
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) was originally a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Social determinants of Health: Experiences of educators in Canada, USA, and Scotland
Listen to the Curriculum Collection Lead, Dr. Ashti Doobay-Persaud on the Upstream Lab podcast to discuss SDOH experiences of educators.
A Human Trafficking Educational Program and Point-of-Care Reference Tool for Pediatric Residents
This resource from MedEdPORTAL is an educational program for pediatric residents that provides a trauma/survivor-informed knowledge and a tool for point-of-care reference aimed to improve identification of and support for patients who may be victims of human-trafficking (HT).
News, Conferences, and Upcoming Events
- SDOH Interventions Cost Average $60 Per Patient, Federal Aid Falls Short | Read Here
- What Are The Top Social Determinants of Health Screening Tools? | Read Here
- Investing in the Various Domains of SDOH | Read Here
- September 6-8, 2023: Conference | 2023 Health Equity & Inclusion Conference | Virtual | Details
- October 2-5, 2023: Conference | 2023 IAPHS Conference: Gender, Sexuality, and Health across the Life Course
Current Challenges and Opportunities for Population Health and Health Equity | Baltimore, MD | Details
- December 3-5, 2023: Conference | The Root Cause Coalition Annual National Summit | Kansas City | Details