In this issue…
- New Coordinator: Join us in welcoming our new coordinator, Wivine Ngongo
- New Blog: Service Learning: If You Build it, They Will Come
- GIS Survey: Earn a chance to win a $500 or $250 Amazon gift card by completing the survey below!
- Resource of the Month: Medical Interpreter Training Module
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) is a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at email@example.com.
Please welcome Wivine Ngongo! Wivine graduated with her MPH in 2017 from the Colorado School of Public Health and has years of experience in addressing social determinants of health!
A behind-the-scenes look at how we developed and implemented “Introduction to Social Determinants of Health in the Hispanic Community” – an innovative curricular approach to addressing social determinants of health at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine.
The NCEAS is conducting a survey on how educators identify and address social determinants of health in a clinical setting, especially if incorporating geographic data. Please consider completing this brief survey and you will have a chance to win a $500 or $250 Amazon gift card.
Medical Interpreter Training Module
This resource is a collection of modules that introduces the basics of medical interpreting, including best practice guidelines and common pitfalls, and offers a host of thoughtful examples underlining each of these.
- AAMC Collaborative for Health Equity: Act, Research, Generate Evidence (CHARGE)| Read more here
- Tips for Addressing Social Determinants of Health in the Exam Room | Read more here
- Social Determinants of Health: 4 things medical students need to know | Read more here
- August 1, 2019 Webinar | Topic: HealthLandscape Population Health Tools | Hosted by HealthLandscape | Details
- August 7-8, 2019 Summit |CASSA 8th Annual Health Equity Summit | Ontario, Canada | Details
- September 19-20, 2019 Summit | Whole Person, Whole Team, Whole Communities. A summit hosted by the National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership | National Harbor, MD | Details