In this issue…
- Annals of Family Medicine AU-PCTE Supplement
- Resource of the Month: Addressing the Opioid Crisis: A Dynamic Case-Based Module Set for Interprofessional Educators, Learners, and Clinicians
- What’s the latest? News, Conferences & Events from Around the Country
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) was originally a HRSA-funded Academic Unit for Primary Care Training and Enhancement. The mission of the NCEAS is to prepare primary care clinicians with the expertise and leadership to address the social determinants of health (SDOH).
Do you have relevant SDOH resources, curricula, or evaluation tools to share? Please send them to us at email@example.com
In case you missed it last month, be sure to check out the supplement we wrote in the Annals of Family Medicine.
The AU-PCTE is a cooperative agreement between HRSA and selected units, each focusing on a specific aspect of education in primary care, our focus on SDOH is one of six academic units. Together the AU-PCTE has published an online supplement. This supplement includes articles derived from the content of the programs from the work of the Academic Units.
Addressing the Opioid Crisis: A Dynamic Case-Based Module Set for Interprofessional Educators, Learners, and Clinicians
The resource presents a 3-module, online curriculum to increase awareness and education on opioid use disorders among health professional trainees and providers. It was developed with support from a Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) grant, in order to offer training to a broad health care audience that aligns with CDC best practices.
News, Conferences, and Upcoming Events
- Understanding Crime, Violence as a Social Determinant of Health | Read Here
- Integrating social determinants of health principles into the preclinical medical curriculum via student-led pedagogical modalities| Read Here
- Awareness, Adjustment, Assistance, Alignment, and Advocacy: Operationalizing Social Determinants of Health Topics in Undergraduate Medical Education Curricula | Read Here
- May 16-18, 2023- Conference | SDOH and Health Equity Innovations to Transform Population Health | Orlando | Details
- May 16-18 2023- Conference | 2023 Accelerating Health Equity Conference | Minneapolis | Details
- December 3-5, 2023- Conference | The Root Cause Coalition Annual National Summit | Kansas City | Details