Submissions are now OPEN!
The National Collaborative for Education to Address the Social Determinants of Health (NCEAS) is inviting proposals for workshop presentations and abstracts from academic and professional communities for the 2023 virtual NCEAS Annual Conference. We welcome submissions describing research or innovations in social determinants of health (SDOH) education or practice. We also welcome submissions related to this year’s conference theme: Developing the future healthcare workforce to foster safety and prevent violence. Abstract submissions should highlight topics relevant to social determinants of health (SDOH), health equity and/or health disparities and may include in-progress work, completed projects, or descriptions of completed or ongoing innovations.
The aims of this conference are to:
- Evaluate and apply current research, resources, and best practices related to SDOH, specifically violence in clinical care and educational practices.
- Identify collaborative and interprofessional strategies that foster safety and prevent violence.
- Discuss the current landscape of SDOH training in health professions education at all levels.
- Compare and contrast different innovations to advance health professions education related to SDOH.
Deadline to submit proposals/workshops is 10/28!
Workshop Specific Information:
- Each workshop session will be 55 minutes long.
- With this being a virtual event, you will have the option to pre-record a 15-minute video for attendees to watch during the first 15 minutes of your workshop. Please let us know if you plan on doing this when submitting your proposal.
Abstract Specific Information:
- The NCEAS conference committee will select the top evaluated abstracts for the oral presentation sessions. The remainder of the abstracts will be considered for the poster session.
- Three Presentations will be awarded! The top 3 presentations will each receive an award and a $100 honorarium.
Acceptance and Official Invitation Letter
Rules and Regulations
To submit a abstract and/or proposal you need to create an account on our conference platform. The NCEAS conference committee will select the top evaluated abstracts to present at the oral session. The remainder of the abstracts will be considered for the poster session.
If you are using materials in your presentation (pictures, charts, graphs, videos, etc.) that are not original work, you are required to cite the original source. If you are using copyrighted material, it is your responsibility to seek permission from the original source to use the material. NCEAS is not responsible for any copyrighted material presented.
You do not have to register for the conference to submit an abstract or workshop proposal. However, if your submission is accepted for presentation, the presenter(s) must register for the conference by the posted deadline and are responsible for registration fees.
It is NCEAS’ goal to ensure that physical and communication barriers do not exclude people with disabilities from attending and participating. Presentations will be accessible to all, including closed captioning of videos.
All presenters of accepted submissions must grant NCEAS the right to record video and still images of the presenters and share these, as well as PDFs of their presentations, on the organization’s website and social media platforms.
If accepted, all credentials, full titles or name preferences must be included in your proposal to guarantee this information will be reflected in NCEAS materials and on the event website.