Poster and Oral Abstract Submissions
Submissions are now being accepted for the Poster and Oral Abstracts!
We welcome submissions in the following three categories: education, research, and clinical/policy innovations. Abstracts should highlight topics relevant to social determinants of health (SDOH) or health disparities and may include preliminary results, completed studies, position papers, or descriptions of completed or ongoing innovations. The aim of the poster session is to facilitate dissemination of research and innovations to the broader community of educators and healthcare professionals addressing social determinants of health. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) training curricula, innovative strategies to address SDOH, and case studies.
Acceptance and Official Invitation Letter
Oral and Poster Presentation
Poster and Oral Abstract Submission Guidelines
Submit Abstracts Below
- An opportunity to discuss your research or innovation with leaders in social determinants of health and health disparities
- An opportunity to receive one of three awards for best presentation
Poster Session Presentation:
- Posters must be hand delivered at registration on April 28, 2020. If you would like to mail your poster ahead of the conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
- Poster participants will be assigned an easel number prior to the event. The conference committee will set up posters.
- Posters will be displayed from 4:30PM to 6:00PM.
- Poster presenters are expected to be available to discuss their posters with the conference attendees during the session for a minimum of 30 minutes. To be eligible for the monetary awards, presenters must be available for additional time during the award judging event.
- Collection of the poster at the conclusion of the conference is the responsibility of the presenter. Posters that are not picked up at the conclusion of the closing session will be discarded.
- Submit your poster abstract by December 6, 2019 at 11:59pm (CST)
- Formal acceptance letters will be sent out by January 31, 2020
- If your poster is accepted, registration is required
- Easels fit 3’x5’ posters
- The poster(s) will be displayed on easels and can be either horizontal or vertical
- The top of each poster should include: Research Title, Author(s), and Institution
- Foam board and adhesive materials will be provided by the conference committee
- Submit poster during check in at the registration desk
Travel, Lodging and Conference Registration:
- Registration Opening Soon!
- The conference will take place at the Shirley Ryan Ability Lab (355 E. Erie St. Chicago, IL)
- There is hotel block at the Omni Chicago hotel. The room rate is $169. Book hotel here: https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/chicago/meetings/nceas-annual-meeting-04272020
Abstract Submission Requirements:
- Submit your abstract at the bottom of this page
- Create your abstract in Microsoft Word
- The body of the abstract may not exceed 3000 characters in length
- Submit your abstract as a Word document with the file extension “.doc” (Word compatible)
Oral Abstract Presentation:
- NCEAS will only support MS Power Point. Please ensure your presentation is created in PowerPoint.
- The optimal amount of slides is 10, 1 minute per slide. You may choose to use more than 10 slides, but please be sure to complete your presentation within the allocated 10 minutes. The content of the slides should give an overview of the research with conclusions and future research direction.
- Participants will be assigned a presentation time ahead of the event. Accepted oral presentations must be submitted by Monday, April 20, 2020 to the conference committee.
Submit your oral and poster abstracts here!